Sunday, August 2, 2015

Daily Inspiration 8-2-15

"It is better to light a candle 
than to curse the darkness." 

-- Eleanor Roosevelt 



Today might be a good time to take stock. Where are we at? What do we see? Where is our focus? What are our results? Just for today, of things going on in the world and around us, how often do we curse the darkness? How often do we light a candle? Just for today, of the thoughts and feelings going on inside us, how often are we cursing the darkness, and how often are we lighting a candle? 

My life is in constant change in that I am continually evolving and becoming. Though this has always been true, it is in the last ten years that I've really begun to get hold of having more of the feelings that I enjoy, and in that, there was a huge increase beginning about 2008.

There is a single thing that I learned that bore many offspring. That single thing is looking for things to appreciate. Wherever I am, whatever I am doing I now look for things to appreciate and then I do just that--appreciate them.

All day, every day, I have the opportunity, and even lots of encouragement, to curse the darkness. It's in the paper, on the news, on many people's lips, and there is group after group to curse and fight the darkness. It's easy to go there, do that, become that. You might even think that based on this, it is normal. It can be seductive, but you can tell by how you feel inside that it doesn't really feel good, regardless of the group or how many are on the same wavelength.

However, when you light a candle, you see better, feel better, and find more of the same. It begins with appreciation.

I have a quote on my wall in my office that I see every single day. It is from Abraham, Esther Hicks: "Today, no matter where I'm going, and no matter what I am doing, it is my dominant intent to see that which I am wanting to see." It's been on my wall for at least three years, and now I find myself saying it as soon as I wake up in the morning as my intention for the day. And, I find so many things to appreciate, and appreciate some more, and appreciate again, that my days are rather crowded with appreciation of some kind.

I praise the weather. Like this morning. It is simply glorious, and the interesting thing about that is that I praise the weather every single day. No matter what the weather is. Whatever it happens to be, whether clouds and sun, rain, heat, cool, windy, still, it is glorious. I feel like God created a beautiful new day for me personally to rejoice in. And I do rejoice.

I praise the birds in the birdbath, the blossoms on the trees, the leaves on the ground, the colors, the sounds, you name it. I have a perpetual calendar, Ask and It Is Given from Abraham, Esther Hicks and it never fails to inspire me. Today's message for August 2nd is, "Every time you appreciate something, every time you praise something, every time you feel good about something, you are telling the Universe: "More of this, please." You need never make another verbal statement of an intent--and if you are mostly in a state of appreciation, all good things will flow to you." 


And So It Is. And So It Does. Light Your Candle! 

Spread Some Joy Today--by pulling up instead of putting down.

No comments:

Post a Comment