Monday, August 24, 2015

Daily Inspiration 8-24-15

"The action of walking away 
does not hold enough power 
to compensate for the 
attraction power of your thoughts." 

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 



Abraham, Esther Hicks in their wonderful book, The Vortex, Where the Law of Attraction Assembles All Cooperative Relationships shares some critically flawed premises that so many of us live by, such as "Flawed Premise #11: If I leave an unwanted situation, I will find what I am looking for."

I don't know about you, but how many times I have left a job, left a relationship, left a situation that wasn't working out for me in hopes of finding something way better, has happened often. Yet, more often than not, I found myself in the same sort of circumstances, situations that I left.

They explain: "Whatever you are giving your attention to is offering a Vibrational frequency, and your attention to it for an extended period of time causes that same frequency to be active within you. It is important to remember that when a Vibration is active within you, taking the physical action of walking away from it will not prevent it from being present in your experience. In clearer terms, the action of walking away does not hold enough power to compensate for the attraction power of your thoughts.

By the time you come to the point of using strong labels such as oppressive or overbearing to describe someone you are working with, you have undoubtedly been observing unwanted conditions for some time, which means that you have been practicing a pattern of thought and a pattern of resistant Vibration, and that means your point of attraction now is quite strong. So even if you take the physical steps to remove yourself from the situation by quitting your job and finding another--or by asking to be removed from the specific department of this supervisor and moving to another--wherever you go, you will be taking yourself with you." 

This is a great example of how we think our actions supersede our thought patterns. It is that 'make it happen' sort of attitude, but the key phrase to always remember is that wherever you go, you will be taking yourself with you. And, your thoughts, attitudes, and beliefs have all the real power, so until those are changed, any physical change will just be geography.

They suggest that "the better solution you are asking for is this: Try to make peace with where you are," and see the value, or the benefit of the contrast you are experiencing, which is leading you to desire a change. "If your life has caused you to ask for an improved situation--no matter what it is--and you are no longer offering chronic thought-Vibrations that are opposite of your desire, your desire must come to you. But you cannot continue to keep alive within your Vibrational patterns of what you do not want and receive what you do want. That defies the Law of Attraction." 

In other words, I must change my thoughts first by imagining the improvement, appreciating the contrast that caused the desire, making peace with where I am now and have been as I now turn my focus to where I want to be and what I now want. In this case, I won't be complaining about what is wrong, but more like being thankful for that contrast leading me to know what I really want. I will focus on what is or has been good, as I seek to improve my situation and enjoy more of what I want.


Complaining About What Was Is Like Dragging An Anchor Around Wherever You Go. That's A Lot Of Resistance. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Let go of what is not the way you want, and instead, turn and focus on what you want. There is plenty of joy in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment