Saturday, August 15, 2015

Daily Inspiration 8-15-15

"If I can accept that 
my understanding is incomplete, 
and if I'm able to be 
comfortable with uncertainty, 
this opens me up to 
the realm of infinite possibilities." 

-- Anita Moorjani 



Anita continues from her awesome book, Dying To Be Me: "I'm at my strongest when I'm able to let go when I suspend my beliefs as well as dis-beliefs and leave myself open to all possibilities. That also seems to be when I'm able to experience the most internal clarity and synchronicities. My sense is that the very act of needing certainty is a hindrance to experiencing greater levels of awareness. In contrast, the process of letting go and releasing all attachment to any belief or outcome is cathartic and healing. The dichotomy is that for true healing to occur, I must let go of the need to be healed and just enjoy and trust in the ride that is life."

It is amazing to me the power in letting go, releasing, or an even better way to express it is to allow. I read a quote by Bashar the other day that has stuck with me: "Everything is Neutral. You supply the meaning you've been taught to supply it with. . . So if you find you are anxious, you are supplying a meaning that is by definition generating anxiety. If you don't prefer that, supply a definition to what is happening that will allow you to extract only beneficial experiences from it no matter what anyone else may be experiencing in the very same event."

I love the idea that everything is neutral and that we are choosing to give everything meaning. It's so creative. It's a power that we may not recognize. It is also a perfect way to let go, or allow. To change direction, or to change what is in our lives, we can choose to supply a different definition, to refocus, to see things differently. Letting go entirely may very well be a great step toward that which we really want. 

The other idea here of becoming comfortable with uncertainty is fascinating. We seem to crave the opposite, and yet that very act closes us off to all but that which we know as possibilities. But as Anita so powerfully said, "If I can accept that my understanding is incomplete. . ." Oh my, that is seemingly difficult by admitting that we are clueless sometimes. "And, if I'm able to be comfortable with uncertainty. . ." Say what? Who in their right mind is ever comfortable with uncertainty? That's crazy! But, "This opens me up to the realm of infinite possibilities."

Now that's a place worth getting to I think. . . If I can and If I am able. It might even be easier to think of it this way: If I can let go of the rope, I will be in a position of allowing, but I can only achieve this by letting go of the rope, letting go of my judgments, beliefs, and allowing an open mind to all that is currently and seemingly beyond me now.


As I Allow, I Am Empowered, Loved And Supported. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by choosing your joy. No one else can do it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment