Thursday, November 28, 2013

Daily Inspiration 11-28-13

"I'm thankful for every moment."
 
-- Al Green


Among the long and widely varied lists of things to be thankful for, Al Green's quote tops them all. To be thankful for every moment. . .well, that is as thankful I think as a person could get.

Albert Barnes said it this way: "We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning." Being thankful for every moment covers this nicely, but I like the way it is pointed out clearly that we are better to be thankful for everything, even the things that at first blush may not look to be serving us very well. I find that it is amazing to express gratitude for the things that aren't now seemingly working out, for I believe that they always will unless we thwart the effort of God.

Last, I like how Alan Cohen, one of my favorite writers puts it: "Appreciation is the highest form of prayer, for it acknowledges the presence of good wherever you shine the light of your thankful thoughts."

Happy Thanksgiving!


May Your Day Bring You Bountiful Joy!

Spread Some Joy Today--There's so much to be thankful for. One way to help remember is to make a list. The other is to be thankful 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment