Sunday, November 24, 2013

Daily Inspiration 11-24-13

"If you frequently give yourself permission
to doodle, wander, and be totally unproductive,
and you actually relish such interludes,
I can guarantee that your genius, creativity,
and productivity will increase exponentially.

I've seen it happen a billion times.

Through the roof,
The Universe."

-- A Note from the Universe, Mike Dooley


I love this message that came on December 7th, 2012. It resonates with me today. And, I am a work in progress on this whole idea.

You see, I have spent a lot of time finding things to do for myself. Some make an income, so do not, and all consume my time. What is worse than anything is time I spend feeling that I should be doing something that I either don't want to do right now, or need to do. Now, I've learned recently that the word need is an interesting word and statement. It seems like it is solid, firmly planted, immovable, and righteous, instead I find that it is really a variable. In fact, I think it is as much a variable as the word want.

Based on that, this new philosophy of need allows me so much flexibility in how I choose to address it. Or when. Or if. Or, if I will even pay it any attention at all.

So, recently I have been experimenting by giving myself permission and authority to doodle, wander, and be totally unproductive on purpose. At first this was a challenge for me, but as I practice, I find myself enjoying my days so much more, and I don't know that anything is suffering as a result of my playfulness. I even feel more creative, and productive in a new way.


Isn't Life Interesting. . .?!

Spread Some Joy Today--Well, there ya go. Spread some joy today. That's got to feel good, don't ya know.

No comments:

Post a Comment