Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Daily Inspiration 11-27-13

"To seek permission
is to seek denial."
 
-- Steve Jobs


I agree 100% of this phrase from the famous Steve Jobs of Apple Computer, and many other endeavors. It is very rare that I would ask permission to do anything whether it was on my job with an employer, or in my family.

I learned early on that by asking permission, I was technically seeking denial and it was most common to hear the word no, or some excuse that sounds a whole lot like no. That wasn't what I wanted to hear, so I learned to stop asking and just do.

There is an old saying that it is better to ask forgiveness than to ask for permission. I agree with that of course. But, the interesting part is that it will be rare that you will need to ask for forgiveness because most of the decisions would have been right on the mark.

You just have to trust that you are your own best consultant.


Give Yourself The Gift Of Your Own Authority.

Spread Some Joy Today--It is a effortless time to be generous. Find some ways. They are all around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment