Friday, November 1, 2013

Daily Inspiration 11-1-13

"The significance
is hiding in the insignificant.
Appreciate everything."
 
-- Eckhart Tolle


The more I think about the quote by Eckhart Tolle, the more intriguing it becomes. Indeed, the more I consider it, the more I see that confirms it.

Just imagine for a moment or two what it would be like to appreciate everything. Not just the nice things, nice people, good remarks, wonderful events, but all things--everything. Stuff like the rude person on the phone. . . hallelujah! Or, the traffic going braindead stupid on your way to an appointment with no spare time planned. . . superb! Or, that bill for the new crown because your tooth broke. . . outstanding! You know, the stuff that doesn't go according to how you thought it should go. Yeah. All that stuff. He says to appreciate everything.

Of course, I have to tell you the truth. Though the more I consider it, the more I see that confirms it, in my own experience, it requires earnest practice to get any good at it. Otherwise, you just forget all about appreciating it, and begin depreciating it instead.


Another One Of Those Practice Opportunities. . .

Spread Some Joy Today--Give someone a present they would never expect. It need not cost much in dollars.

No comments:

Post a Comment