Saturday, November 2, 2013

Daily Inspiration 11-2-13

"Rather than continuing
to seek the truth,
simply let go of your views."
 
-- Gautama Buddha


If you haven't read the book that came out early last year by Anita Moorjani, titled, Dying To Be Me, I can highly without any reservation recommend it. It is such an interesting and empowering story of a woman who was taken with extreme cancer and at the very end, came back to health with in a few short weeks. Completely healed in that short span is a miraculous story, and one that I think we could all learn from.

I was thinking about some of the physical things that I have lived with all my life in one way or another and then just yesterday remembered this book and thought, 'if she could come back from that fullness of despair and trauma, my maladies are as insignificant as a cold in comparison. So, why can't I be healed too?'

I think it is because of what we believe, or have come to believe or have been trained to believe. In that belief, it is often hard to change the belief into one that serves us better, so we are fighting the resistance of that which is a non-plus game. The best than could happen in this game is a tie or being neutral.

Buddha's genius remark is so telling. If we can just simply let go of our beliefs, we have a shot. It is in the holding on to them that we find that resistance that keeps us from having a more open point of view. So, we hope for the miraculous when all that may be required is to let go of our own position. Another way to say that is to allow.

Consider the idea, even if it is for the subject of discussion, that we can heal ourselves of any ailment, malady, situation, physical or otherwise. You have to admit, I think, that it is such an awesome concept. Play with it. Have some fun. Relax, you're soaking in it. . .

"Letting go of attachment to any way of believing or thinking has made me feel more expanded and almost transparent so that universal energy can just flow through me." -- Anita Moorjani

"I can't say this strongly enough, but our feelings about ourselves are actually the most important barometer for determining the condition of our lives." -- Anita Moorjani


What I Am Willing To See Can Be.

Spread Some Joy Today--Celebrate. Enjoy yourself today. As things distract you--and they will--come back to enjoyment.

No comments:

Post a Comment