Thursday, August 9, 2012

Daily Inspiration 8-9-12

"Probably the most misunderstood law of
lasting success is that it's not done alone,
and it is not accomplished just for you."

-- Vincent Roazzi

I created my own business in January of 2008. Within less than three months, I had given away 50% of it. I didn't sell it or put it up as collateral. I gave it way. Today, I've given away 60% and I'm working toward 90%. To a lot of people that doesn't make any sense, but to me it makes perfect sense and I am committed to it taking place.

The reason? It has to do with a word I learned many years ago. The word is synergy. Synergy is the interaction of elements that when combined produce a total effect that is greater than the sum of the individual elements, contributions, etc. In other words, by bringing others in, we are much more than we are by ourselves.

It is simple. I wanted me and this creation to be more than I could possibly make it on my own. I want to surround myself with smart, enthusiastic people who may have a vision greater than my own. I want to share my excitement with others who not only get that, but love to hear it and it spurs them on as well.

Now, I'm picky about who I give the company to. It's not just anybody. They have to rock! They have to help take us where we were never before. And, that is exactly what has happened, and that is so exciting.

Virtually all the employers I've ever worked for wanted to keep the whole thing for themselves. That's okay, but it is limiting in my mind. I've always thought that companies that bring people in allowed a different kind of growth and quality change, but also was a way of sharing the success with key people that have a vested interest in continued success. I know those I've--scratch that--we've brought in are just that.

If you have your own company, or if you begin your own company, I highly recommend considering the synergy that can come from giving your company away--to the right people, of course.
The Entrepreneurial Spirit Is Alive And Well.
 
Spread Some Joy Today--Turn off talk radio and the news for one week. You'll be amazed that you didn't really miss anything important.

No comments:

Post a Comment