Friday, August 10, 2012

Daily Inspiration 8-10-12

"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone."

-- G. B. Stern

Every once in a while, I put in a quote at the top that I disagree with. This one I disagree completely with. I think I get the message is to speak your gratitude rather than holding it inside, but it would have been better said that way.

The reason I disagree is that I have come to believe that gratitude is one of the most powerful forces for change and an easy way to expand love. In fact, as I've said a few times before, I think gratitude, or being grateful has changed my life so much just in the last five years, that it's incredible.

Also, I used silent gratitude all day long. I look out the window at the trees, blue sky, clouds, whatever is going on with the natural environment around me and I sing grateful praises silently. I go for a walk and do the same thing. I think of people and think the same thing. In fact, the vast majority of my gratitude is silent and unlike the quote above, I think it is of huge value to me and to others around me. I do believe that my attitude created by my gratitude is an effect on others even not saying a word.

If you want to see love expand in your life, just begin singing praises of what you see around you throughout your day. You will be amazed at the difference in a very short time.
It's Never Too Late To Begin Being Grateful.
Spread Some Joy Today--show people how much you love them with your eyes and your demeanor. Words are good, but optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment