Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Daily Inspiration 7-27-11

"Perfection is achieved,
not when there is nothing more to add,
but when there is nothing left to take away."

-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery


I've been looking for a quote that describes how I now feel about the idea of perfection, and I've found it in this quote by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.

What I used to believe about perfection is that it pretty much was unattainable, that people strive toward it but that it is always this elusive thing that refuses to be attained. It was the ideal.

As a result of that belief, there were a lot of problems about the idea of we humans being so less than perfect that we are permanently flawed and that perfection is a hopeless and fruitless endeavor. I never liked perfection very much. It seemed so elitist to me.

Through looking at other things in a different way, I've come to believe something more useful about perfection, and it is that we are already perfect and that it is not something to strive toward, but to allow. It is not something outside of ourselves, but within. In addition, we see it in others when we allow it. It is far more about non-judgment than it is about judgement.

I've also come to believe that things are also perfect and that perfection is at work all of the time creating wonderful events and circumstances to add to that perfection, and it is constantly changing and alive.

It is not about being tolerant, but it is very much about love. And, it is fascinating how this change in thinking about perfection is changing my entire outlook.



Allow The Perfection That Is You, Because You Are.

Spread Some Joy Today--Laugh! Do it often and much today!

No comments:

Post a Comment