Sunday, July 10, 2011

Daily Inspiration 7-10-11

"One is not idle because one is absorbed.
There is both visible and invisible labor.
To contemplate is to toil, to think is to do.
The crossed arms work, the clasped hands act.
The eyes upturned to Heaven are an act of creation."

-- Victor Hugo


It is amazing what one can get done when one doesn't look as if they may be doing anything of value. My best ideas and decisions have come out of relaxed contemplation. I might get onto a thought and just follow it where ever it may lead me. It doesn't always produce a life-changing conclusion, but it always seems to be of value in one way or another.

I know bosses that expect employees to look as if they're busy all the time so that they feel like they're getting their monies worth perhaps, but it isn't really productivity most of the time. Instead of business, it is busy-ness.

I recommend spending some time every day in invisible labor and creation. It has proven to me to be a huge time saver.



Thinking Works. . .


Spread Some Joy Today--Today is Self-Appreciation Day! Do a lot of it. It's a requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment