Friday, December 17, 2010

Daily Inspiration 12-17-10

"The strong, calm man is always loved and revered. He is like a shade-giving tree in a thirsty land, or a sheltering rock in a storm."

"A man becomes calm in the measure that he understands himself as a thought-evolved being. For such knowledge necessitates the understanding of others as the result of thought, and as he develops a right understanding, and sees ever more clearly the internal relations of things by the action of cause and effect, he ceases to fuss, fume, worry, and grieve. He remains poised, steadfast, serene."

-- James Allen, 1902


"Nothing gives one person so much advantage over another as to
remain always cool and unruffled under all circumstances."

-- Thomas Jefferson



I don't have a million dollars in the bank . . . yet, although that is on the list; however I do have other things that I want to achieve, experience, celebrate and share. One of the most important is to be calm and serene when one might otherwise be challenged.

I didn't realize how much I wanted that until this evening as I was looking again at the quotes above, particularly the ones by James Allen. It was just about two years ago that I first saw the quotes from James Allen by reading and studying his book, As A Man Thinketh

I think that I have wanted this all my life, but didn't understand it, because I have had anger in and around me for most of my life. In the last five to ten years, I've worked at moving away from it in myself and had made good progress generally. The problem is that the others who were close to me didn't let go of theirs. I've just realized how wonderful that has been. Instead of it being a continual thorn in my side, which it has, it has now become a blessing teaching me by example the challenge to learn how to become that calm, serene person.

In this, I celebrate the realization that these past years of dealing with other people's anger has always been a blessing, and I celebrate that I am getting very successful at it too. I would even go so far as to say I'm 80% or so there, and the little that remains gets easier because my range of emotion in face of the anger is not as deep. I love that. In addition, should I get upset (off-balance), that is easily transformed to a better feeling emotion, working upward until I feel really good again.

The other thing I just realized is that it is a confidence or commitment issue. When I know where I am and where I am going and the value of what I am doing, there is so little that has enough power to dissuade me from my path.

I want more money, but I want calmness and serenity more--much more. I'm a little surprised to realize that I didn't know how much I wanted that until tonight, and I also realize that I have made such wonderful progress and I celebrate it now.


Another's Anger Is Exactly That--Theirs. I Have No Desire To Compete For Any Of It, So I'll Just Let Them Keep It All . . . And I'll Just Keep The Peace.


Spread Some Joy Today--What could be more joyful than serenity? It's like a permanent smile. The kind that fills you up with love. Spread that by becoming that.

No comments:

Post a Comment