Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Daily Inspiration 12-15-10

"It makes no sense to worry about things you have
no control over because there's nothing you can do
about them, and why worry about thing you do control?
The activity of worrying keeps you immobilized."

-- Wayne Dyer


It is easier to relate to the quote above intellectually, than in actual practice. I know that is true, and I also know it is true because we have come to believe that worry is expected, or that it is natural. It is not natural, it is learned.

So, one day I started thinking about all the worry I've experienced from years past and wondering if there was ever anything that improved as a result of my worry. I could not come up with even one. Wayne has it right when he says it immobilizes.

Worry reminds me of a dog chasing its tail until it gets so tired that it stops and goes to sleep. It is complete and total wasted emotion.

There is one thing that will change worry: trust. Begin trusting that it will work out, trusting that everything will be okay. If you trust, worry is evaporated.

If you're a Christian, trust in the Lord. Or, trust in God, or whatever God means to you. Consider this: you didn't make this planet, nor I. We didn't create this day, our bodies, or almost anything else in the world. We are stewards, users of these things. What is there to worry about? Seriously.

I used to lead worship at church and I wrote a lot of songs then. I'm sharing this one from 2000 because it speaks perfectly to what I am saying here.

TRUST IN THE LORD

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord,
have never forsaken those who seek you-Psalm 9:10 NIV

I TRUST IN THE LORD,
I TRUST IN HIS GUIDANCE
I TRUST IN THE LORD TO LEAD MY LIFE
I TRUST IN THE LORD,
I TRUST IN HIS WISDOM
I TRUST IN THE LORD TO LEAD MY LIFE

I GIVE THANKS IN ALL THINGS
KNOWING GOD IS IN CONTROL
WHEN WHAT I WANT MAY DISAGREE,
I WILL PRAY AND LET IT GO AND TRUST IN GOD



Pray (Trust) And Let It Go (More Trust). TRUST.


Spread Some Joy Today--If you feel a bit of worry today, pray for a solution, then let it go and trust. It will all be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment