Thursday, July 8, 2010

Daily Inspiration 7-8-10

"Patience and perseverance have a magical effect
before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."

-- John Quincy Adams


"Gardeners are good at nurturing, and they have a great
quality of patience, they're tender.
They have to be persistent."

-- Ralph Fiennes


"Patience is also a form of action."

-- Auguste Rodin


Would you have ever thought that the words patience and perseverance or persistence would be together in one sentence? I know it is common to think of Gardeners as having patience, and then again, they also can't live without persistence, so in that way it makes sense. But Auguste Rodin says something very profound to me: "Patience is also a form of action." I have to admit, that I've always thought of patience as a form on inaction--as in waiting, chilling out, kicking back. Yet, when I think of it in this way, now those two words, patience and persistence go together like bread and butter, hot dogs and mustard, strawberry shortcake and whipped cream.

It's almost like having patience is a commitment to persistence. . .

. . . very interesting. . .

I'm going to have a whole lot more fun being patient from here on!


I Now Have A New Lease On Patience!

Spread Some Joy Today--See how can you be patient today with a grand smile on your face. What a rush!

No comments:

Post a Comment