Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Daily Inspiration 7-13-10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to
make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Maybe you can relate to this: I have been me all my life, and at the same time I've been trying to be more of me all my life--to release more of the me that is inside me; to expose the real me I've kept hidden all these years.

I remember certain movie stars from my younger days, such as Marilyn Monroe, John Wayne, Elvis Presley, Clark Gable. They were the epitome of being their unique selves in my mind. There have been hundreds of copies since, yet none equal the original. For sure, they were stars--even super stars, yet the way I saw them was just a persona--an image; only part of them.

Truth is, I think each of us is a super star and the key to that is letting that unique self out of the cage. Many times we try to please others and in doing that, much of the time, we do things we would not normally do. I don't mean not being respectful, or courteous, or kind, but much of the time we are afraid to be ourselves for one reason or twenty-five. It is in letting go of that fear that we can come out and shine.

The interesting thing about this is that as we come out and shine, others are pleased to see that uniqueness and actually share in it, and they are also encouraged to do the same by it. So, the moral of this is to let go and have a coming out party. Let the real you out more every day in hopes of letting the whole, entire you out.


Who Is That Super Star In There? It's You! It's Me!

Spread Some Joy Today--Open the door and let some of that extra special you out today. It's time to get some air. All the world is a stage. . . I'm sure I heard that somewhere. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment