Monday, July 12, 2010

Daily Inspiration 7-12-10

"Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted but getting what you have, which once you have got it you may be smart enough to see is what you would have wanted had you known."

-- Garrison Keillor


Well. . . that sounds kind of strange like mumbo-jumbo, but being thankful for what you have right now is a very good place to be and it also releases the unhappiness which allows one to move to things even more appealing and delightful.

It's interesting. As a sales manager for over 30 years, I've seen and heard a lot about how having your salespeople displeased with current circumstances is a benefit. I don't recall ever subscribing to that in full, but now in my current wisdom, I completely and totally disagree with it.

I have found in my own life of late that the best way for me to move forward to what I want, to be the way I want to be, and so on, is to begin, not with dissatisfaction of where I am, but even to be thankful and grateful for where I am--to be thankful even for things that I would have normally called bad things.

Why?

It's easy. Being grateful releases you. Being thankful unburdens you. Giving thanks and praise is a powerful acceptance and detachment at the same time. When you no longer focus on what is wrong, it no longer has any power and that allows you to move toward that which you want. You might think I'm just making this up, but it is so empoweringly real. Praise events, become grateful, give thanks for everything in your life and you will surely be empowered to move beyond them. Be unhappy about things, curse the things that bug you, complain of events, circumstances and other people and what they are doing to you and you lock yourself to that place like an immovable rock.

Nothing that you are grateful for has any power over you. Everything that you are not grateful for has all the power over you. Now the quote above might make more sense after all.


Here I Am Where I Wanted To Be All Along.

Spread Some Joy Today--I practive every hour of every day and I get better every hour of every day. Simply begin, then practice often and you will become a fully grateful and joyous person. It is worth more than money, gold or diamonds. It's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment