Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daily Inspiration 7-6-10

"Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure."

-- Earl Wilson


I heard that most of my younger life: that they were lucky and that's how they became successful. So, logically from that training, I'm looking to get lucky--to be in the right place at the right time. That's what luck is, right? The luck of the draw and all that.

In my twenties, I learned that luck is just preparation meeting opportunity. Oooohhh! That sounded so adult and so, so cool. Preparation meeting opportunity. So, logically from that training, I'm preparing for that elusive opportunity that means that if I'm in the right place at the right time, I'll be prepared enough to handle it, right?

Later, I gave up on all that mumbo jumbo and just cruised for a while.

Now in my "wisdom years," I've found that there is a far greater definition of success and one that is not elusive at all--in fact, it is achievable by absolutely everyone without exception. Now, that's the kind of thing to get excited about! Everyone can do it, not just the lucky and the prepared meeting their elusive opportunity. Everyone.

I shared it a few Inspirations back, and is absolutely worth sharing again because it is empowering and awesome:

"Success is the progressive realization of a worthy ideal."

-- Earl Nightingale

So, success is as easy as working toward (although I hate that phrase working toward. . . the progressive realization is so much better, don't you think?) a worthy objective. So logically, if we just keep going toward it, we will continue to be a success! Liking that!

Success Is So Much Easier And Common Than I Ever Imagined! So Cool.

Spread Some Joy Today--Share this simple and so empowering message with several people you know today.

No comments:

Post a Comment