Monday, July 26, 2010

Daily Inspiration 7-26-10

"It is no use walking anywhere to preach
unless our walking is our preaching."

-- St Francis of Assisi
(1181-1226)


"Practice yourself what you preach."

-- Titus Maccius Plautus
(254 BC-184 BC)


Since I was a young child watching my parents say one thing and do another, I have grown to pay closer attention to what I say compared with what I do and endeavor to have them match up with my thinking and actions. I haven't always been successful, but I am always wanting to be.

I have never heard that sentiment said better than St Francis of Assisi when he said, "It is no use walking anywhere to preach unless our walking is our preaching." How poetic that sounds and yet that message hits home with me as squarely as the practice what you preach quote.

In these daily inspirations, I am even more cognizant of my role to be authentic. I share my thoughts, my learning, my trials and some tribulations. It is interesting in that this is as much a learning experience for me as it may be for the reader. There is something so special about writing my thoughts out compared to just thinking them. It's not that they become more permanent, it is that they become even more real to me and at the same time, that causes me to be as authentic as I can be. I highly recommend the process to any who may be interested in making the effort. It is rewarding in and of itself with me as the only reader and in that is a powerful learning experience.


Walk With Yourself Even If No One Follow.

Spread Some Joy Today--You might start a journal and write out some of your life travels and that may help you see how close your walk with your talk is. It may even help them become one.

No comments:

Post a Comment