Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Daily Inspiration 7-14-10

"Finish each day and be done with it.
You have done what you could.
Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in,
forget them as soon as you can.
Tomorrow is a new day,
You shall begin it well and serenely. . ."

-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Sometimes there is that tendency to carry over yesterday into today when today is a new day and yesterday is gone forever.

I started this a couple of years ago: When I lay my head in my pillow at night and I'm ready to drift off into sleep, I thank God for today and all of the events that I got to participate in, along with the ups and downs and in and outs, mundane and exciting--all of it, for it was all part of my experience today and there is nothing more that I can do about it today. Being grateful--even if it doesn't feel sincere sometimes--is the perfect sendoff for a good nights sleep. Even more important, it is a perfect release for a fresh experience tomorrow.

Yesterday, I had some absurdities and I was even a bit angry for about ten minutes (I've learned to keep that as short as possible). Then, when I was ready for sleep, gave thanks for my entire day including the absurdities. This morning, I am fresh and ready to continue on, minus any lingering anger or connection to previous absurdities (that is a fun word, isn't it?).

Here's to the new day and to experiencing it fully!


Unload. Clean Your Peace. Reload. You're Ready!

Spread Some Joy Today--Seeking joy will always win out over everything else. Today is a new day and the past has passed.

No comments:

Post a Comment