Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Daily Inspiration 6-9-10

"Our self image and our habits tend to go together.
Change one and you will automatically change the other."

-- Dr Maxwell Maltz


I can sure relate to this quote. After 38 years of quitting smoking, I finally had to change my self-image and it automatically changed the habit. I had to start seeing myself as a non-smoker. My actions were different then and that changed the habit patterns. It was so ingrained in me that I had a hard time seeing myself as not smoking, let alone as a "non-smoker."

This works the same regardless of the situation. Whether it is finding a different career after doing the same one for a very long time, going into business for yourself, or becoming married instead of single, etc. Sometimes those transitions can be challenging, but change the habit or change the self-image and you can master it quickly. Regardless of which is first, the self-image will have to change. As with the smoking, I had to change the habit pattern for a few days first, then the self-image change was much easier, but it is the self-image change that has made it permanent.


I See Myself As. . .

Spread Some Joy Today--Giving thanks for yourself is a great place to start. God doesn't make mistakes. See yourself as you would like you to be--the best you. As you do that, you will automatically spread joy to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment