Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Daily Inspiration 6-8-10

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs;
ask yourself what makes you come alive.
And, then go and do that.
Because what the world needs
is people who have come alive."

-- Howard Thurman


I love this quote because it helps me to remember to be myself. To forget all the should's and could's and advice about how I'm supposed to be or act or behave. Those are all someone else's idea of how they think I should be. In reality, I shouldn't be anything. I just am.

As each of us is as unique as snowflakes are unique, I think that the more we learn to "feel comfortable in our own skin," the more interesting and rewarding our life will become. I don't know about you, but that has been a long process for me, and though I don't quite feel like it is fully mission accomplished, I have made such strides in this area, that I am loving myself.

We used to talk when we were kids about people loving themselves as being conceited. They weren't conceited so much as arrogant and immature, but I have come to believe that loving yourself is a wonderful and most desired place to get to. From that vantage point, loving others is a natural.

I know for me, that this place of loving yourself is a coming alive party that lights up the your world. Forget about what others want you or expect you to be. Be the special unique you that has no equal. Different is good. Heck with conformity.


We're Each Unique Like A Snowflake.

Spread Some Joy Today--Next time you look in the mirror, start saying some really good things to yourself. Don't pick apart your flaws--you don't have any--you're unique. They aren't flaws, but beauty marks. Start praising what you see and you'll start seeing a way cooler you. So will everyone else. Let's party!

No comments:

Post a Comment