Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Daily Inspiration 6-1-10

"To judge between good or bad, between successful
and unsuccessful would take the eye of a God."

-- Anton Chekhov


Recognizing contrast and judging are two different things. The first is seeing what I like and what I don't like and not making any judgement about it other than I like it or I don't like it. The second is seeing what I like or don't like and then in turn thinking that it is either right or wrong, good or bad, appropriate or inappropriate. These judgements diminish others because they cause me to put myself above others as some kind of authority and at the same time it diminishes me because it separates me from my brother and sister.

Recognizing my likes and dislikes is a natural part of life and making choices. Judging is not an appropriate place for me to be in, so I will defer that to God who really could be the only real authority since the hardware and software was designed exclusively by Him.


What I Like Or Don't Like Is Purely Personal.

Spread Some Joy Today--See if you can see what you don't like today without making any other judgements about it. Practice makes perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment