Thursday, June 24, 2010

Daily Inspiration 6-24-10

"As the fletcher whittles and makes straight his arrows,
so the master directs his straying thoughts."

-- Gautama Buddha


"If you only care enough for a result, you will almost certainly attain it. . . . Only you must, then, really wish these things, and wish them exclusively, and not wish at the same time a hundred other incompatible things just as strongly."

-- William James


The Power Of Focus.

'I want better job that pays a lot more money, but. . . I don't want to work weekends any more.' 'I want to do this kind of work, but. . . I don't want to commute.' 'I want to be wealthy, but. . . I don't want to work all the time.'

I've heard many of these kind of statements and even made many myself. It's the old, 'Yes, But No' routine, or more commonly referred to as lack of focus or canceling the request before the request could be considered.

Rules.

We have so many rules and rules will generally, in my experience, limit. Truly, I think that's what they are really designed to do, don't you think? The more rules, the less freedom, the more rules, the less opportunity.

We are all about choice. We do get to choose, and choose we must, and many times we make the same choice over and over again when we think we are choosing something different. The main reason is statements like in the first paragraph. We say we want something, while we say we don't want something at the same time. If we choose what we want and go with where ever that might take us, we can change. If we limit our choices with a list of reasons why we cannot, we automatically choose to remain where we are. While seemingly stating we want something else, we are choosing where we are. Why?

Partly it is belief. We are always trying to figure out how. But how, is not even on the radar. If it were, we would just walk over to it and pick it up. So, we say we want something, search our limited memory banks, determine that the way to have that would give me things I don't want, so I state that I don't want those things and thereby cancel the want. If we let go of who, where, when, and how, we can focus on the want and follow the path toward its conclusion--or at the very least, to new opportunities we didn't know existed. This is how doors are opened that would not open before, or people are put in your path, or circumstances change to meet you.

It's the Power of Focus.


I Am Focused On What I Want, And Open To All The Interesting Ways It Will Come To Me!

Spread Some Joy Today--Think back to the times you wanted something and remember how you cancelled it at birth by adding rules to the desire. Try ditching the rules. Get your desire in mind and focus on it's conclusion as if it is already done, then let go and enjoy the ride! It's like being on the Pirates of the Caribbean for the first time!

No comments:

Post a Comment