Monday, June 7, 2010

Daily Inspiration 6-7-10

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long.
We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things,
because we are curious. . . and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths."

-- Walt Disney


This is one of those great quotes that speaks many things to me. I think of business and those that I have experienced and how reluctant so many of them are to be creative through their curiosity. I think of how I get into a rut myself and sometimes just languish there in my comfortable comfort zone, doing things almost automatically from habit. I think of Winston Churchill and others who said that if we don't remember history we are bound to repeat it. Some can even make a life there--in the past. Don't need a time machine, we can go there at will mentally.

Then I think of the excitement of the new thing; the new way; the new time and how I love that feeling and the fun of it. It is invigorating to say the least. Then I see a business grab hold of a great idea and run with it and they transform themselves before my eyes. How exciting. Then I think of the world and how far it has come and with the excitement of the future being shown in so many ways. Look at the Internet and mobile communications and how that has changed the entire world. The horizon is full of promise and very interesting changes.

Two ways of looking at a thing, and I love Walt Disney's example and I love his vision and especially his tenacity and belief. Fantasize! There is always a bright future if you have sunglasses.


Life Is A Curious Thing. How Fun!

Spread Some Joy Today--Daydreaming is a wonderful thing to do most of the time, especially if it gives you pleasure and an optomistic attitude. That is impossible not to share with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment