Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Daily Inspiration 9-5-18

"The single biggest problem in communication
is the illusion that it has taken place."

-- George Bernard Shaw





[Classic post from 7-19-14]

I smiled when I saw this quote because its truth has been shown in some recent so-called communications. How many times have we told someone something and later they have no recollection of it. My late wife, Nancy used to say so often how she told me about this or that and I thought for sure I was hearing it for the first time.

It might remind us that communication is not only something we sometimes take for granted, and also that it requires more than one participant. Like the radio or television signal, there is a transmitter and a receiver that makes the whole thing work. So too then, is paying attention when transmitting and receiving.


Memory Can Be A Tricky Thing. . .

Spread Some Joy Today--Pay attention to how joy is all around you today. Let it be yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment