Monday, September 17, 2018

Daily Inspiration 9-17-18

"Mirth is God's medicine. 
Everybody ought to bathe in it." 

-- Henry Ward Beecher 




[Classic post from 7-31-14]

They say that laughter is the best medicine and I find a lot of things funny, so it's all good. One of my favorite, silly, yet so funny movies that I own is a farce called, My Blue Heaven with Steve Martin and Rick Moranis, among other greats. I've watched it several times and find myself laughing aloud each time and most of the way through. There are some really funny lines, and Steve Martin is classic, and in addition, the cast selection is superb.

What I found for the first time watching it again tonight is that it was written by Nora Ephron and executive producers were Nora Ephron, Goldie Hawn, and Andrew Stone. I adore Nora Ephron movies and she is so funny as a writer and director. I had no idea she was involved in this movie until tonight. Interesting.

Nora has written books, screenplays, essays, drama and more. Some of her work is Sleepless In Seattle, You've Got Mail, When Harry Met Sally, Silkwood, Heartburn and more. I love her book, I Feel Bad About My Neck and Other Thoughts On Being A Woman. In fact, I love all of her work and movies and own most of them. She helps me to laugh.

Laughter simply has a way of brightening my day and the more of it I find, the better I feel about everything. Don't you find the same thing? It doesn't matter how serious things might get if you have laughter available on demand.

My business partner helps me to laugh often, I laugh with clients and I have learned to laugh at myself when I find myself doing something goofy, strange, or just interesting.

I have a number of signs I made around my office room. One in a prominent location says, No Seriousness Allowed!, another says, Lighten Up! Have More Fun! These days, I find that my main goal in life is simply to enjoy myself and I find a lot of ways to do just that. Oh, and I do some work here and there in between. Just for the fun of it.


What A Life!

Spread Some Joy Today--What can it hurt? In fact, it may soften a lot of hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment