Saturday, September 15, 2018

Daily Inspiration 9-15-18

"The fact that you are willing to say, 
"I do not understand, and it is fine," 
is the greatest understanding you could exhibit." 

-- Wayne Dyer 




[Classic post from 7-29-14]

I just finished reading a couple of treats. One was James Garner, whom I have always admired and who died within the last week. He published an autobiography, The Garner Files in 2011 and it was absolutely fascinating. What a life! It's amazing he made it through his twenties, let alone into his eighties.

The other was, I Can See Clearly Now by Wayne Dyer, which is also an autobiography handled in a very interesting manner. Another fascinating life, and still living it fully. Though I learned so much about him and his early life in the book, what I took out of it mostly was my travels with Wayne, how and when I walked away, and then much later came back to his fine teachings, and yet, even though there is so much that he has taught that has resonated perfectly with me, there is also much that has not, and that I don't understand in the way he does.

I read his first book published shortly after it came out. It hit the world by storm in a very short time and it was called Your Erroneous Zones. Since I was studying a lot of self-help psychology in the early seventies, this book was perfect for me at the time and I loved it. His follow up the second book, Pulling Your Own Strings, was equally powerful for me and was what I needed at the time, along with a few million others on the planet.

I was very much into Transactional Analysis from, I'm Okay, You're Okay, and other similar books then as well. I was looking for ways to understand my emotions, other people and what they did, my own motivations, and so much more. I read everything I got my hands on from a wide variety of authors introducing this new genre of self-help books.

Then Wayne departed from psychology for the masses and was exploring spirituality and doing his best to interpret that for the masses. I read, but couldn't keep up with that change, so I backed off and went looking for other authors.

In 2007, I finally came back and began reading some of Wayne's books again. It was the book, The Secret, that got me enthused and reinvigorated toward learning about what I call practical spirituality. It was the same thing that appealed to me about Wayne Dyer with Your Erroneous Zones. It was the practical, common sense explanations that helped me to develop a greater and greater understanding. Then with Wayne's, The Power of Intention, Eckhart Tolle, Esther Hicks, and many others, I was back on the path and excited all over again.

What I enjoyed about Wayne's autobiography, I Can See Clearly Now was the transition he made and mine were so similar but the timing was not the same. It's interesting to sort of "grow up" with someone; an author; a mentor that I've never met or talked to, and though he is about 9 years older, it is like having a big brother.

I am so full of gratitude for Wayne, and all these other teachers who have been opening my eyes and heart to a better life. And, it is only getting better still.


Enjoying The Wonder Of My Own Expansion.

Spread Some Joy Today--There's more joy where that came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment