Friday, September 28, 2018

Daily Inspiration 9-28-18

"Do I love you? 
My God, 
if your love were a grain of sand, 
mine would be a universe of beaches." 

-- William Goldman 




[Classic post from 8-15-14]

I was meditating today and the idea of being adored came to me. I wondered how many people have experienced what it is like to be adored? Better than this, I wondered how many who have experienced the idea of it, and then actually allowed it to be?

Tasha Alexander said what many might think of when being adored. She said, "it's delicious to have people adore you, but it's exhausting, too. Particularly when your own feelings don't match theirs." I get that concept, but that is more like worship I think than adoration.

To me, adoration is more like unconditional love. Many times we might think that somehow we aren't deserving of that kind of attention, but we are. Sometimes we might think that we have to return all of it or it won't be valid. Not true. Unconditional love has no measure. All we need do is allow it.

I don't go to church anymore, but I was a worship leader until 2006, and as a songwriter, also wrote a lot of songs for church with many of them trying to express the love of God, or Jesus as I knew it to be. Often that was different than was taught in church, but that's another story.

One of the songs that I probably put my whole entire soul into every time I sang it in the church was called, Nobody Loves Me Like You, Lord. It's short and starts with the chorus saying, "Nobody loves me like you, Lord. Not even one. No, not even one. Nobody loves me like you, Lord. Not even one. No, not even one. There is no one like you, not one." It goes on to say that even when I am at my best and when I am at my worst and even when I walk away, His love is like an open door and inside that door, I am complete forevermore.

It's not about religion. I know for sure that I didn't create all of this, so whatever that power is, I know for certain is loving us as fully as we ourselves will allow. We may not often plug into that, accept it and allow it on a regular basis, but it just doesn't matter, because whenever we do and will, that adoration and unconditional love are there to comfort us like no other can.

I felt adored. I appreciated being adored. I am enthralled with being adored and being loved fully without condition. It is very rare here on the ground, but it is always available within by just letting go of the rope of resistance and allowing that love and adoration to wash over us. Today, it washed over me again, and it does every time I allow it to do so. I too must let go of that rope and release myself. I recently committed myself to a regiment of about 20 minutes or so a day to meditate and let go of everything. It is working. I am remembering what it is like to be adored.


Allowing Is The Single Most Powerful Action We Can Take. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Allow your love to flow freely and experience the joy in that allowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment