Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Daily Inspiration 5-9-17

"When I forget 
 to change my words, 
I get what I get. 
When I remember 
 to change my words, 
I get what I get. 
There is, however, 
one question of importance here: 
Am I liking what I get?" 

-- Albert K. Strong 



Yesterday, I was talking with my business partner and said that I was a bit frustrated by something, and then I heard what I said. In that instant, I revised my statement by saying, I was a little bit tinkled about that. I knew what was going to happen when I changed my words. It meant that it changed my perspective, and it changed how I felt about the subject of discussion.

Often, from habitual patterns of thought and behavior, we seem to be on autopilot, yet we are fully in control of ourselves and the view of what is going on in and around our lives as we choose to exercise our free will. All that means is that I get to choose. I get to choose to be on autopilot, or choosing my words, and ultimately, choosing my entire perspective of my life.

Words are powerful. They have the power to have us connect with something in our lives that we've heard or learned or experienced. They excite memory, and they can stir passion. At the same time, they can diffuse and re-frame as we choose to accept words given to us or choose our own. The word frustration is a powerful word that can incite much negative emotion, and the word tinkled can completely diffuse it, making it so much less powerful that it can become powerless.

I want to remember to choose my words because I will more likely enjoy what I'm getting as a result of using them. As I forget to choose, I get to re-experience the past and the fear that ruled much of that past.

When I watch people expressing being upset, angry, frustrated, I hear the words they use, and I can easily see what they are getting; or rather better expressed, what they are creating. As I watch people in joy, sharing love, in appreciation, I can easily see what they are creating too. It is often as simple as the words they are choosing that is helping them to create what they are getting.

Consider this: Next time you are expressing frustration within yourself, or to someone else, try changing your words. Watch that upset become tame in your new word choices. Watch your frustration turn to fascination, being pissed to tinkled, impatience to anticipation, or overwhelmed to maximized.

Papa-Ooma-Mow-Mow. . . 

Spread Some Joy Today--by spreading some silly words that make people feel silly and good. Turn fear into wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment