Saturday, May 6, 2017

Daily Inspiration 5-6-17

"You can't take sides against anything. 
If you would just leave the "against" part out; 
if you would just be one who is for things--
you would live happily ever after. . ."

-- Abraham, Esther Hicks 



It is completely natural to like and dislike, want and not want, but it is a learned action to push against that which we do not like and do not want. Anger can be called a perfect emotion because it quite explicitly tells me where I am. It tells me that there is something that I don't want or like and that I am struggling against it, and the resultant emotion of anger is telling me that I am out of alignment with my Inner Being, my Spiritual Center, my Christ Consciousness, the God within. There are lots of words for that inner knowing and that inner knowing is talking to me through my emotions.

I can feel it so clearly. The discordance within my entire being is telling me. I can feel it physically, and I can feel it emotionally. It is the most perfect guidance system imaginable.



Because it is also natural to want, to desire, to like, I can feel the guidance that comes with that too. I can feel that I am in alignment. There is resonance inside within my physical body and in my emotional feelings. It is a delightful thing to be for something, to find joy in something, to love something or someone.

Hope or despair, pain and suffering or joy and awe. We get to choose all of that. There is one thing that helps me to know this and that is to realize that I am much more than this body, this brain, these thoughts. I am an aspect of the Creator, a part of God. I am a Spiritual Being having a physical experience and as I realize that I am in that position as if I am above myself seeing what I am thinking, seeing what I am doing, I understand better now that I can allow my body and mind to be guided by how I feel.

As I feel that I am alone in the flesh and bone frame and that I have little control over my experience here, I struggle because I don't know any better. Knowledge is power, and awareness is everything.

A few days ago, I was sharing the idea of Unconditional Happiness as touted by Michael A. Singer in The Untethered Soul. It is all about choice. We choose, life happens. Life happens, we choose. In all cases, we can choose, and so we can choose to fight and struggle and push against whatever we want. As we do this, we are guided by our Untethered Soul via how we are feeling in those actions and thoughts. Or, we can choose differently, see a different out-pictured world, and feel delightfully changed emotion indicating our guidance is on track.

Jason Mraz said, "I think it's important and I think it's true that our life experience is going to be about our attitude, our thoughts, our beliefs, our speech, and our actions. We can transform our life experience simply by changing our language." Of course, language is important and since he is a writer and songwriter, language is his communication. I love this quote and the one word that I associate within it is the word attitude. Attitude is another word for perspective. So I would change his last line to this: We can transform our life experience simply by changing our perspective.


It's So Tiring To Always Be Swimming Upstream. Unless, Of Course, You Find Joy In That. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by feeling your joy via your alignment within.

No comments:

Post a Comment