Friday, January 6, 2017

Daily Inspiration 1-6-17

"If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right.
Men will believe what they see."

-- Henry David Thoreau



[Classic post from 5-31-10]

I remember when I was a child, my mother being upset and yelling, "don't do as I do, do as I say!" Of course there were instances to back that up, such as telling me not to smoke cigarettes as they both had cigarettes burning in the ashtray. I didn't listen to them, but followed their example. This, of course, was true for many things that I ended up doing that I "shouldn't."

Then, later in life as a manager, I would sometimes find myself saying one thing and doing another. It is a serious challenge to lead by example, but it is the thing that leads the best.

One last thing about this: be easy on yourself. I keep trying to do my best to lead by example and celebrate the successes. Enjoying the journey is far more important.


What I Do Speaks Louder Than What I Say.

Spread Some Joy Today--If your goal is always joy, leading by example is easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment