Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Daily Inspiration 1-4-17

"Live your epitaph." 

-- Zoe Weil 



I think that one of the most interesting ideas on choosing a life to live is to write an epitaph first rather than last, or at any time during the journey.

An epitaph must be short because it would normally need to fit on a gravestone. I think it should be real rather than some of those obsequious phrases you see on half the graves in the cemetery. Ideally, it could sum up a life well lived, or otherwise lived.

As I was considering this idea, I wondered what I would like my epitaph to say. So, I wrote it out as I would like it today.

"Terry was a lover--and unconditional lover. He walked his talk and was true unto himself as much as being a human could do. He injoyed his life by following his heart and being perfectly imperfect."

Simple. True. No flowery rhetoric. Just the way I am living now, and just the way I would like to be remembered. How would you like to be remembered? How would you write your own epitaph right now?


Living The Life You Want To Live. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by finding fault with absolutely nothing. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment