Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Daily Inspiration 1-25-17

"Those who forget the past 
are doomed to repeat it." 

-- Sara Shepard 



Well. . . I've heard this kind of statement so many times in my life. Winston Churchill was famous for saying a quote that is similar and also attributed to George Santayana: "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." There are many others about learning from history as in one by Jesse Ventura: "Learn from history, or you're doomed to repeat it." 

These were all very interesting until I found this quote from Abraham, Esther Hicks that made me laugh with joy when I read it:

"If you examine your history, you cannot help but repeat it! Law of Attraction says it is so: "Whatever I am looking at, I am including in my vibration." 

We can "remember the Alamo," and an extensive list of tragic things, and maybe some will find solace in that, but I doubt it. Better to remember the butter I helped make in third-grade that I spoke of yesterday. That memory brings me joy almost every time I look at butter. It's either Mrs. White and third-grade or Julia Child's love of butter. They are both good.

What is the value of remembering the pain and re-experiencing it in the now?

What is the value of remembering the joy, appreciation of someone or something, a spectacular achievement that delighted you, and re-experiencing it in the now?

Whatever I am looking at from the past I am re-membering to me now. If I'm going to look, why not look at something that uplifts, inspires, brings me joy? I'm not really very fond of pain, and emotional pain can seem worse than physical pain many times. Perhaps it may be better to forget the Alamo, so to speak. Instead, remember walking up and getting that high school or college diploma. Or, that first kiss. How about the day you hit a home run with the bases loaded, or the 'A' on that test that we studied so hard for. Maybe it was making love on the beach one night. Or as exquisite as what it felt like to be hugged and shown love by a caring parent.

I'll never forget sitting on the couch with my father who died when I was only 13 and who divorced my mother when I was 5. We would visit his home in Long Beach CA for a week in the summer. What I remember about those few minutes is glorious. He was hugging me, and I could feel his end of the day whiskers on my face. I enjoy that thought and feeling from time to time, and it always feels marvelous. As well those kind of moments were very rare, and it is the perfect way to remember him.

Whatever I am giving my attention to I am including in my vibration. So are you. What that is for me and you is fully and completely our own choice of focus.


Every Moment Of Every Day Is A Choice Of Focus. We Are The Choosers. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by remembering all the joy and love in your life. Re-experience it freely as you create more of it anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment