Friday, January 27, 2017

Daily Inspiration 1-27-17

"When you become 
 your own greatest lover, 
you will have lots of competition 
 for the position." 

-- Alan Cohen 



As I have grown in my own learning, expansion, and connection with the Universe and All-That-Is, my life as I have known it has changed and can no longer revert to the ignorance of what was. This is a good thing.

Now as I read things in the news, on Facebook, in the media, or spoken by others, I see through many of the statements to that which lies hidden under the words.

Here's an example of what I mean from my local newspaper. The headline caught my attention and caused me to laugh. It read, "A 'loser' broke my heart and I just can't get over the pain." I laughed because I was asking, "well, if you can't, then you are doomed to lifelong pain." This is a person who has relinquished control to all that is outside of her. Even her daughter suggested that she shouldn't give that man so much power over her, but she cannot let it go. But, here's the real deal: she doesn't want to let it go. She is being rewarded by her pain. Of course, this is only because she has allowed her ego to rule her life.

First things first. She is feeling a loss. It is fear. She sees a shortage. Something has been taken from her and she wants it back. Abraham, Esther Hicks, can respond to this. "There is no shortage. And any attention to shortage of something wanted will always produce negative emotion within you because your guidance is letting you know that you have strayed from your broader basic understanding of abundance and Well-Being." 

Next is that it is our thoughts that create and not the other way around. We are attracting to ourselves by our thoughts, and accepting responsibility for that is key. At the most basic level, if we turn off the lady's thinking capacity, the problem immediately vanishes. It does not exist. Of course, nothing else does either since everything relates to our thoughts.

Last, understanding that we are feeling negative emotion, which tells us we are out of alignment with our own inner knowing or we could say inner being, and that our thoughts are creating our environment, the solution to any problem of thinking is our focus. What are we focused on? What are we giving attention to? In this case, she is giving attention to her fear of shortage and her ego is helping her find more pain to satisfy its desire to be right at all times. No matter the circumstance, we always have the power of focus at our beckon call.

Relating to the quote at the beginning, when we begin to love ourselves, we will find so many people loving us where we previously did not. Like attracts like. As we think, so it shall be.

I'll end this with this wonderful Abraham H. Maslow quote: "Some people have a wonderful capacity to appreciate again and again, freshly and naively, the basic goods of life, with awe, pleasure, wonder and even ecstasy." 


We Can Be This, Or Not, As We Choose. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Does pain ever satisfy? The answer to that is yes. However, I personally prefer joy over pain. Not everyone does, and yet we may each choose as we will.

No comments:

Post a Comment