Monday, January 16, 2017

Daily Inspiration 1-16-17

"No matter what they say, 
you can never have too much sugar." 

-- Michael, the Archangel, 
from the movie, Michael 



It's been a long time, so I decided to watch the movie, Michael, again. I love this movie for many reasons, and I think my favorite reason is because it inspires me to appreciate life more.

In the movie, Michael has moments where he just stares off into the scenery around him, like when he is sitting on the plow in a field the with dog Sparky. He speaks of how much he loves it here on Earth and how much he will miss it. Somehow, that passion for life, that overwhelming desire to live comes across so well in these scenes. It inspires me toward more appreciation in my life.

I've said it before, and will do so again; I think appreciation is the single most important and valuable activity I have ever or could ever learn. It has taken me out of boredom, complacency, despair, frustration, and even depression. It is that powerful of a living tool. In fact, Abraham, Esther Hicks says it so well in this short sentence:

"Appreciation is the magic formula you've been seeking." 

A while back I found this magic formula. Guess who delivered it to me? It was Abraham, Esther Hicks. And now it is such a part of my life every single day, all throughout the day, that I never even think about using it because I now automatically use it.

I am constantly looking for things to appreciate no matter what they are or where I find them. I find them everywhere I go. I cannot walk ten feet and not see something and mentally appreciate it. I don't even have to move my body. I can just look around the room or out of the window. I would have to say that I am pretty much in a constant state of appreciation.

Appreciation has many levels. I find that some things I appreciate with more passion than others, although that only takes the emotion from joy to excitement. The things, situations, people I find that move me even beyond excitement cause me to go into a more rare field of emotion: Wonder.

When I am in wonder, I don't even know what to say. I am stunned. I am in awe. I am in as pure a delight as one could find I think. So now I bounce through all of these emotions that feel so grand, and all of it because I decided to begin to appreciate instead of criticizing. And look where it has brought me. And, movies like Michael and many others remind me in an entertaining way that I am in love with life and living as I pay attention to what is really important--Sugar! Salt. Flavor. Appreciation. Fun. Joy. Love.


You Can Never Have Too Much Sugar. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by being injoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment