Monday, March 31, 2014

Daily Inspiration 3-31-14

"You cannot be lonely 
if you like the person 
you're alone with."

-- Wayne Dyer 


My Life Lessons 

This is a series of revelations about my life that I am sharing with others for what it may be worth. These come from a lifetime of study and experience of others and myself, and I now translate them to words. These will be numbered; however, they are not in order of importance as all are equally important. It is just a way for me to keep track of them in this series. I hope you find value in them.

Life Lesson #22 


Learning to love and appreciate myself. 

I've been practicing loving others for a large part of my life now, and I have made such progress in the art of allowing and learning to love unconditionally. It has been said that you cannot love others until you love yourself, but I just don't agree with that. Still, that being said, I am and have been on the path of learning to really love myself, appreciate myself, respect myself, and most of that more recently.

I have bought into the I'm OK, you're OK philosophy and have learned to accept myself and what skills and attributes I have in general, but really loving myself has been more of a challenge.

I bought several of Louise Hay's books sometime back and she is all about learning to appreciate and love ourselves down to the body parts even. She has helped put some things in perspective, but I only recently began since my wife passed last August to actually practice looking sincerely in the mirror with aloud uplifting self-talk, along with reminding myself at different times throughout the day.

I don't expect that I am alone in this. I know a lot of people that could use the same coaching I've been getting from Louise Hay and others. I think we all need to love ourselves more, accept ourselves more, be more true to ourselves. It's easy to say I should love myself, but putting it into real practice is an other thing entirely. I've decided that the practice is way, way, way, overdue.

Louise Hay's books, such as, You Can Heal Your Life, Heal Your Body, Love Yourself, Heal Your Life Workbook, Love Your Body, and so many others that she has written are extraordinary in their simplicity and straightforward approach and I have enjoyed them immensely. I also find them very helpful in developing an openness to practice and this is something worth practicing.

Whatever has gone on in the past, or wherever negative thoughts were first developed, it only matters that we make a decision to change it and the pathway will open before us with what we need to get there.


"Self-Worth Comes From One Thing: Thinking That You Are Worthy." -- Wayne Dyer 

Spread Some Joy Today--by loving and appreciating yourself. You are worthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment