Saturday, March 29, 2014

Daily Inspiration 3-29-14

"Love what you do; 
Do what you love." 

-- Dr. Wayne Dyer 


My Life Lessons 

This is a series of revelations about my life that I am sharing with others for what it may be worth. These come from a lifetime of study and experience of others and myself, and I now translate them to words. These will be numbered; however, they are not in order of importance as all are equally important. It is just a way for me to keep track of them in this series. I hope you find value in them.

Life Lesson #20 


Loving what I do is as important as breathing to me.

A long time ago, I read a book called, Do What You Love and the Money Will Follow by Marcia Sinetar. At the time I wasn't exactly loving what I was doing and I was searching my mind for what I might like better and was looking for things like this book to help me find out. It really didn't help me find out what it was, but it did help me to make a decision that I was going to do what I loved to do no matter what. And I did.

One of the other important things I wanted was as complete a freedom of time as I could find. So, by the law of attraction, I found both of these things. I didn't have a clue until it happened and I could look backward enough to see it, and I think that is often the way things go. It was the decision of what I wanted that set things in motion and the rest came to be without me doing much of anything significant.

Until 1997, I had a work schedule. I had to be there at this time and off at that time with these days off, certain vacation times and so on. I always wanted to work out of my home and never could figure out how that would happen.

Here's a place to remind long-time readers of this that I have a sign still on my wall to remind me the way to get things done. It says, "What is MY job. How is GOD's job." I decided what I wanted and even though I might never have figured it out on my own (because I gave it a lot of thought!), yet it came to pass. Since July 1997 I have worked out of my home. No office to go to, no schedule to maintain, no clock to punch, no time sheets to fill out, and here's the best part: no supervision! If I work or don't work, I have only me to answer to.

Trading money to have this kind of flexibility is an easy decision for me. Not everyone could make that decision, and not everyone would like what I like or what I do. That's the beauty of life: we all are in charge of our own thing.

The schedule was one issue and that was solved. The other was doing what I loved and doing it with people I loved. Done. I love what I do. I love who I do it with. I love watching it unfold. I love not knowing so much about the future and just going with it. And, I'm always thinking of something else and see how I feel about that, or how to improve, expand, or whatever. That's my favorite part.

Can we love what we do and have a great lifestyle too? Yes. I hope that yours is that way for you. I sure celebrate mine after 18 years enjoying it.


"Enjoying Life Is Far Superior To Being Graded On Your Performance In Life." -- Dr. Wayne Dyer 

Spread Some Joy Today--"The last suit that you wear, you don't need any pockets." -- Dr. Wayne Dyer. Might as well spread some joy then!

No comments:

Post a Comment