Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Daily Inspiration 3-25-14

"I used to say, 
"I sure hope things will change." 
Then I learned that the only way 
things are going to change for me 
is when I change." 

 -- Jim Rohn 


My Life Lessons 

This is a series of revelations about my life that I am sharing with others for what it may be worth. These come from a lifetime of study and experience of others and myself, and I now translate them to words. These will be numbered; however, they are not in order of importance as all are equally important. It is just a way for me to keep track of them in this series. I hope you find value in them.

Life Lesson #16 


I can, and I will. I begin today! 

Jim Rohn adds, "Don't say, "If I could, I would." Say, "If I can, I will." How many times have many of us said, "if only I could, I would?" The idea is that something is in the way stopping us, but it usually isn't that at all, but more like not being nearly interested enough, or not believing that it is really possible to do that thing we think we want.

The truth is, when you think you can, you can, and when you decide you will, you will. Taking action always begins with thought. As Albert Einstein quipped, "the world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking."

One of the biggest things I've learned about this whole idea of I can and I will is that I don't have to see the whole thing completed as much as having a willingness to enjoy the unfolding of it and see where it goes. Dr. Martin Luther King said that "we don't have to see the whole staircase to take the first step."


Celebrate Your Ability, Willingness, And Activity. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Celebrate your ability and willingness to spread joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment