Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Daily Inspiration 3-11-14

"If you can see your path laid out 
in front of you step by step, 
you know it's not your path. 
Your own path you make 
with every step you take. 
That's why it's your path." 

 -- Joseph Campbell 


My Life Lessons 

This is a series of revelations about my life that I am sharing with others for what it may be worth. These come from a lifetime of study and experience of others and myself, and I now translate them to words. These will be numbered; however, they are not in order of importance as all are equally important. It is just a way for me to keep track of them in this series. I hope you find value in them.

Life Lesson #2 


It's all about the experience. 

Destiny is one of those mysteries. I heard about it from the time I was very young, and the idea of it persisted in various ways through much of my life. I used to wonder what I was supposed to do or be. It seemed like I was supposed to know this all along the way. Later when I got involved in church, it continued except now it was whatever God's Will for me was. As if my life would then be nothing more than being a puppet for God to play around with. It was as if each life was planned out from the beginning and I would ask myself, what's the point of that? Might as well give me a road map and be done with it.

But, the thing that remained true to me was choice. Then I would play around or worry myself with right choices and wrong choices, good choices versus bad choices, finding opportunities and at first it seemed like all the same thing, and then I realized that it is just all about the experience. This I get to choose moment to moment, or as Joseph was saying, step by step. I can turn right or left and it doesn't really matter what it is, but that it just is. Whatever comes will come.

It's only in the last few years that I have really understood this. I now believe that I came here to experience life and have desires and make choices and keep on doing that where ever that path may lead is okay. There will be consequences. I prefer to call that results. I will make a choice and there will be a result. Will I like it? If I do, I will call it good and probably do more of it. If I don't like it, I will call it a learning experience and make another choice.

It's not about a final judgment like Santa does, it is learning to experience freely that which is life and to allow myself to be guided by the choices and the results. Once I began to practice this idea of just focusing on the idea of the experience of life, so many things began to make total sense. It's not about finding the answers because there aren't any. All I ever found looking for those was more questions. It's not about success or failure. There is no success or failure. There is only experience, choices, and results. Everything else is just details.


Might As Well Enjoy The Ride, What? 

Spread Some Joy Today--by experiencing the joy in your own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment