Thursday, March 20, 2014

Daily Inspiration 3-20-14

"If things start happening, 
don't worry, don't stew, 
just go right along and 
you'll start happening too." 

 -- Dr. Suess 


My Life Lessons 

This is a series of revelations about my life that I am sharing with others for what it may be worth. These come from a lifetime of study and experience of others and myself, and I now translate them to words. These will be numbered; however, they are not in order of importance as all are equally important. It is just a way for me to keep track of them in this series. I hope you find value in them.

Life Lesson #11 


Relax. Go with the flow. 

When I was a young boy, somewhere around 11 or 12 years old, I took some group Judo lessons. That was a long time ago now and I only did it for a few months maybe, but I still remember some things from that teaching and experience that has served me in philosophical ways even today.

One of those is without fighting against your opponents energy in motion, instead go with that energy to use it to help defeat them. In other words, if someone is coming at you, don't try to stop them, block them, but get out of the way, help them off balance and flip them or trip them to the mat.

This is one of those lessons that I've heard a lot of feedback on and so many have said that it really helped them make changes they wanted to make. I have likened working against things to rowing a boat upstream, or swimming upstream. We are working, stressed out because we are pushing against a current of affairs. Sometimes it seems like the harder we work, worry, or fight, the slower our progress. Part of the reason is that our own energy is helping the river to flow, and we then are struggling against it.

So, going with the flow, then, is simply to relax. Stop the struggle. Go with the flow. Put the oars in the boat. Trust the outcome and watch what happens. It's magic.

Sometimes if I am talking with someone and it just feels like a struggle, I remind myself of this and just shut up and listen, pay attention to them without judgment, and let it flow as it will. Every time it works better. It amazes me how much of a relationship you can create by just listening as much as possible and encouraging them to talk more. Plus, it keeps my foot out of my mouth more often too.

There are so many things that can benefit from this approach. Take weight loss for an example. Stressing over how much you weigh, counting your calories, exercising, and all the typical things people go through on a diet is sometimes torture. Try just putting the oars in the boat, have confidence that you will get there in due time and have fun with your life. Of course there are many things at work that feel the same way and the harder we struggle, the more we worry about it, the worse it can get. Just relax and trust the outcome. Assign the serious work to God or the Universe. It will all work out.


When You Let Go, Relax, And Trust The Outcome, The River Slows Down. Even It Is Responding To Your Calm Power. 

Spread Some Joy Today--Celebrate you life today. You are worth celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment