Friday, March 14, 2014

Daily Inspiration 3-14-14

"The Law of Attraction says: 
That which is like unto itself, is drawn. 
While this may seem like a rather simple statement, 
it defines the most powerful Law in the Universe--a Law
that affects all things at all times. Nothing exists 
that is unaffected by this powerful Law." 

 -- Abraham via Esther Hicks 
from the book, The Law of Attraction 


My Life Lessons 

This is a series of revelations about my life that I am sharing with others for what it may be worth. These come from a lifetime of study and experience of others and myself, and I now translate them to words. These will be numbered; however, they are not in order of importance as all are equally important. It is just a way for me to keep track of them in this series. I hope you find value in them.

Life Lesson #5 


The Law of Attraction is real. It doesn't matter if you believe it or not. It is. 

I began studying psychology, and self-help guru's back in the early 70s when I was in my twenties. I read all of Wayne Dyer's books, studied Transactional Analysis for several years, and many other authors such as Gerald Jampolsky, Dale Carnegie, Maxwell Maltz, Napoleon Hill, Shakti Gawain, Jim Rohn, and more.

All of their information was helpful in one way or another, but it never really came together for me the way I had hoped. But, I continued to seek new information and new authors or ancient authors I was unfamiliar with. It was like a big puzzle on a table to me. I had lots of pieces and some fit together, but there were so many that were yet unmatched.

Then, what seemed like coincidentally, I just happened to be in a Barnes & Noble in April of 2007, two and a half hours from my home while consulting with a client and I discovered the audiobook unabridged version of the book, The Secret. I had heard about it very briefly, and didn't know much about it, and thought I would give it a whirl. Since I was driving so much then, the audiobook was perfect.

As I listened, it was as if all the other authors that I had studied seemed to meld into the idea of The Secret. On page three of The Secret, it is revealed as The Law of Attraction. Frankly, this was the first I've ever heard of this law. As the book progressed, it all became more clear to me. Then, I began studying the authors in The Secret and they filled in most of the blanks. Then I found out that Esther and Jerry Hicks were originally a part of The Secret video, but were removed, and I searched for their material and found the Mother Lode.

It has become so clear to me after all these years of searching, and it makes perfect sense to me. I don't usually talk about "The Law of Attraction," much. Some think it is a bunch of hocus pocus, mambo jambo, fairy dust. But, it is one of those things that is called a Law because, like gravity, it doesn't matter whether you believe it exists or not, but if you step off a tall building, gravity will pull to toward the earth. However, believing it does have an advantage, and that advantage is to make good use of the knowledge to help yourself, and maybe others have a better, more fulfilling life.

I don't try to convince people much. They need to come in their own good time. I've only known for 7 years now, yet it is as old as time. So, it took me almost a lifetime to open to it, or rather, attract it to me. I do try to explain it sometimes so that if someone is looking, they can find more information perhaps.

What the Law of Attraction has done for me is to help me understand why so many of the same things were happening over and over again in my life. I was attracting them with my thinking. Once I began to understand this, I began to think differently and attract different things. I began to become grateful, more wise, able to see my actions and thoughts and how they worked together and so much more.

To say that this teaching has changed my life is a severe understatement. It has changed it dramatically, and once changed, I cannot even imagine going back to where I was before. I am so blessed and grateful to have attracted it when I did.


By Understanding The Law Of Attraction, I Must Accept Full Responsibility For My Thoughts, Actions, And Results. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by seeking joy for yourself. You can only give what you have.

No comments:

Post a Comment