Saturday, March 1, 2014

Daily Inspiration 3-1-14

"The future doesn't know later." 

 -- Billy McMahon, played by Vince Vaughn 
in the movie, The Internship 


In the movie, The Internship, Billy, and his friend Nick have lost their jobs and Nick gets a lousy go-nowhere job while Billy is seeking a transformation instead of another dead-end job. Billy's trying to convince Nick to go with him to take a shot at an Internship at Google, so Billy says, "It's our future." Nick says he's got this job and it will have to wait, and Billy says this great line, "the future doesn't know later." Nick says, "the future is later--it's nothing but later." But, is it? Is it really?

I heard this saying about a salesman: "He had twenty years experience--one year, repeated twenty times." Not much of a future there, is there? For this person, the future is nothing but later. And, yet, it isn't, is it?

The future is actually now because what is being done now is carving out the future, dictating the future, creating the future. Even in the case of the 20-year salesman, the future is being created, or maybe a better way to say it, in this case, is recreating the present over and over again. Or, doing nothing to grow.

Living in the now is perfect. I agree with that totally. The more I live in the present now, the better I feel. The better I feel, the better my life works. The better my now is, or today is, the better my future is because I am creating it right now today.


The Future Doesn't Know Later. Indeed. 

Spread Some Joy Today--by doing what pleases you. If it pleases you, it cannot fail to please others.

No comments:

Post a Comment