Sunday, September 1, 2013

Daily Inspiration 9-1-13

"Time you enjoy wasting
is not wasted time."
 
-- Marthe Troly-Curtin


As the quote says, "time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time." What might be considered wasted time might be time you are regretful or concerned about wasting.



Today I had a large list of things that I planned on doing on the computer. It wasn't so much procrastination that kept me from actually doing them, but other things that seemed far more interesting and important. That includes having a strong desire to not sit at my computer all day. So I didn't, and I didn't do any of what I had planned in the way of work.

I didn't make any excuses, I just thought that whatever I really wanted to do was more important. Charlie and I went on short rides and took care of some errands I had a mind to do. We just enjoyed the day, and truly, that is the key I thing--enjoying the day. And, every day.

We need to ALLOW ourselves the opportunity, time and space to just enjoy whatever comes to mind when it comes to mind without any worry about what is in front of us, on the agenda, things we 'should' do, etc. Life is for the living and it is NOT about accomplishment. Although it is nice to accomplish, it is more about just following our heart and minds to wherever they may lead in the moment they do and enjoy the moment at the same time without any resistance.

Time is too short when you really add it all up. I don't think that looking back at all the accomplishments will matter nearly as much as we think they will at the moment. Love more. Burn more gas. Stare into space more. Go for walks. Go to concerts. See the games. Stare into someone's eyes. That's what matters, don't you think?


Your Boss May Disagree, But He Or She Is Not Living YOUR Life. You're Always In Charge!

Spread Some Joy Today--As they say in Hawaii, 'Hang loose!'. It will all get done in time. If not, no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment