Sunday, September 29, 2013

Daily Inspiration 9-29-13

"I have looked in the mirror
every morning and asked myself:
"If today were the last day of my life,
would I want to do what I am about to do today?"
And whenever the answer has been "No"
for too many days in a row,
I know I need to change something."
 
-- Steve Jobs


It is interesting how easy it is to just do a thing and then keep doing it, perhaps not wholeheartedly, or knowing why it still needs to be done. In fact, it may not need to be done anymore.

Lately, I'm looking as closely at what I am doing that I can let go of and be done with as much as I am looking at new or other things I may want to do. Beginnings and endings. We need them both, but I find it much harder to let go than to reach out. I find it harder to stop a habit than to start one.

Often the thing I may be doing really has become a habit; a ritual. I may even be confused as to what the value of it is. Certainly, it must have value or I wouldn't be doing it, right? We all perceive value differently I'm sure.

Sometimes someone might ask, "why are you doing that?" We might answer, "because I've been or we've been doing that for so many years," as if the length of time doing it becomes the value. Or, we might say, "because we've always done it that way." The habit is the value. How about, "I don't know. That's a great question."

Sometimes I think that we may get into a position where instead of living the life we want, we end up with the habit of supporting our stuff and our rituals.


The Old Adage, "Life Is For The Living," Has New Meaning Now.

Spread Some Joy Today--Consider. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment