Monday, September 9, 2013

Daily Inspiration 9-9-13

"The thought
that you should be doing more
is a distraction.
When you are fully present
with what you are doing,
now becomes more than more."
 
-- Alan Cohen


Sometimes it is challenging enough to focus on the project or task in front of me that I've committed to, let alone have all these thoughts of what I could be doing or should be doing, or would rather be doing. All of and any of those thoughts take me off course, sometimes way off course, until I can focus the energy back and get the job done.

There are so many distractions in the world, or rather. . . in my head. The world could be at total peace and yet it can be chaos in my head. So what do I do about all these distractions?

What works for me is to take a meaningful break. I might go for a walk, a drive, water the plants, and more. The main thing is to get my mind off of the task I am currently struggling with. This has a tendency of reducing the "bigness" of the project I was working on, and then I can go back to it anew and progress is a given.

Another way to achieve the objective is to simply think differently about the project so that it can become more fun or more interesting. We always find time to do what we want to do, so finding a way to want to do it is a good way to insure it gets done in a timely manner.


"You Always Have Energy To Do What You Are Passionate About." -- Alan Cohen

Spread Some Joy Today--Get energized! Allow your joy to find expression and light up the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment