Friday, April 5, 2013

Daily Inspiration 4-5-13

"Above all else, go with a sense of humor.
It is needed armor.
Joy in one's heart and some laughter on one's lip
is a sign that the person down deep
has a pretty good grasp of life."
 
-- Hugh Sidey


Today I found a group photo of a weeklong class I took and since I'm tall, I was in the back row. There was a life-sized cardboard cutout of the company founder and I'm standing next to his image with my hand showing around his shoulder. I laughed when I saw it, and admitted to myself something I've never actually said about myself. I said, "I have a sense of humor!" I knew that of course, but I never really thought that about myself in quite that way and this picture brought that out.

I love to laugh. In fact, I love my partners because whenever we are together and most of the time on the phone, we laugh. There's always something humorous going on, some reason to laugh out loud and lighten whatever serious issue is before us. Of course, serious is a relative term . . .

I used to take life so seriously. I laughed here and there, but mostly it was serious. The thing that made it serious was called drama. As soon as I finally decided to let go of the drama and my own importance life got lighter and laughter came easier.

Whatever is going on is going on. Lay down the rope. Stop tugging on it. Have some fun. Laugh. Cry with joy! Shout out! Smile. It is a great day!


In Every Way Possible Today, I Will Find Things That I WANT to see. I Will Laugh. I Will ENJOY Myself!

Spread Some Joy Today--LIFE is for the living.

No comments:

Post a Comment