Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Daily Inspiration 4-16-13

"I don't need meetings!
There's nothing wrong with me.
I just need my family to behave
the way they're supposed to!"
 
-- Eileen Cleary character
played by Kathleen Turner
in the movie, The Perfect Family


There's no expense on the planet that gives me so much value as the pittance I spend monthly on Netflix. Movies are my entertainment of choice and it is absolutely amazing how much joy and lessons I learn from watching movies, and Netflix is hands-down the best at helping me find movies I never would have otherwise enjoyed. Such was the case again tonight. I stumbled across the movie, The Perfect Family from 2011 and it was available on instant view, so I watched it immediately after seeing how fun the trailer was.

The movie was extremely powerful to me. It had me laughing aloud, crying and using plenty of tissues, and reminded of how life really is instead of the way it is "supposed to be." Frankly, it reminded me of my own dysfunctional family and that of so many I know. Having grown up with Leave It To Beaver, Father Knows Best, Ozzie and Harriet, My Three Sons, and such unrealistic, yet idealistic, and yes, entertaining shows, it made my family so much more dysfunctional. I wanted life the way the shows were, but it never came.

So, I could relate to how the main character felt in this flick, and all the others in it as well. I loved the dialog, the premise, everything. It instantly went into my top ten by how it moved me emotionally. I thought it was going to just be a funny movie, but it was a slice of my own life played out in front of me. Bravo!

If you haven't seen it, or haven't seen it lately, you might enjoy the lessons and exchange of emotion too.


Life Is. There Is No Way. We Are All Perfect In Our Own Perfect Way. Embrace It.

Spread Some Joy Today--Loving yourself the way you are is the beginning of joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment