Friday, April 26, 2013

Daily Inspiration 4-26-13

"Help!
I need somebody.
Help!
Not just anybody.
Help!
You know I need someone.
Help!"
 
-- John Lennon and Paul McCartney


The song's first verse continues, "when I was younger, so much younger than today, I never needed anybody's help in any way. But now these days are gone, I'm not so self-assured, now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors." I just love the last part of that verse: "now I find I've changed my mind and opened up the doors."

I have a lot going on in my life and I also see so much all around me where we can all use some help and yet we seem to act like we are so much younger and not needing anyone's help. I think the truth is that we all need help in a variety of ways throughout our lives. Realizing and accepting that can be transforming.

We help businesses grow and we find people to help our business grow. I am constantly considering help and how my company or I can benefit from it. And, it is true, that sometimes for a range of reasons I resist reaching out, and stop looking, and as a result become stuck.

What gets me loose again is the decision to reach out, to stop resisting, and to risk the emotion. I know it is the ego that gets me into the 'I don't need help' space, but I ultimately have all the power I need over the ego by stepping away and seeing what is going on from a global point of view.

We really need each other more than we think. Not only that, but we benefit so much from sharing with each other that it enriches our lives and adds layers of satisfaction previously unavailable.


Help Is Close At Hand In Every Moment Ready.

Spread Some Joy Today--Here's another way: You reach out and help someone, offer to help someone, without them asking for help. They might say, "Yes! Thank you!"

No comments:

Post a Comment