Thursday, April 18, 2013

Daily Inspiration 4-18-13

"Most of the shadows of this life are
caused by standing in one's own sunshine."
 
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson


In terms of my life span so far, it was just a short time ago that I was a chronic and eager complainer. It was so easy for me to find blame outside of myself, and I found plenty of it to go around.

It's funny though. I loved talking about what was wrong and my speculation about why to those who would listen, but though I seemed to thrive on doing it, afterward, I felt crappy. A better word is unsatisfied. Kind of like about an hour or so after eating that delicious greasy burger and fries.

Fortunately, I found another direction and I've been happily practicing ever since and the joy and satisfaction I get from talking about enthusiasm, love, beauty, nature, fun, and all the positive aspects of life has given me new life. Yet, there are things that are not going exactly well sometimes and I find myself reluctant to even talk about it at all. But, it seems to be expected and so I do, and again I experience that lack of satisfaction just by discussing it.

I'm not fully clear in how to deal with this, but it feels to me like another famous quote of Ralph Waldo Emerson when he says, "the mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions." So, I find that the answer that works best for me is that I speak often and openly about things of joy, learning, present experience and such, and less and progressively less about all the rest.


What Was That Saying About Falling In A Bucket Of Crap And Then Smelling Like A Rose? I Like Roses! What Can I Say?

Spread Some Joy Today--By sharing your joy it is multiplied. It is meant to be shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment